What are some problems with ethnocentrism in the UAE?
Emirates have some problem with ethnocentrism; they don’t like some of the foreign people attitudes. For example, some foreign people wear clothes that they don’t cover their body. And some foreign male and female hugging each other or kissing in public.
How could these problems be overcome?
To lower the ethnocentrism rate in UAE, People should be educated about the different culture and be aware of the culture laws and ethics and respect it.
- In Venezuela and Brazil there is a tribe called Yanomami they burn the dead people, then the ash and bone powder of the dead person is mixed into a plantain soup and they drink it. Because they believe that it will ensure peace for the souls of dead person. In addition, the soul will be unhappy if he couldn’t find a resting place in the bodies of his loved ones.
- In Madagascar they have a traditional festival (Famadihana) Which is known as the turning of the death bodies. They bring them from the tombs and they dress them a new cloth, then they dance with them around the tomb. Because the beliefs of the local people that the dead return to God and are reborn.
- In India the people blessed their newborn babies by throwing them of a temple 50ft high and catching them in a cloth. Because they believe it will bring health, prosperity and luck to the newborn.
My world view score:
- Honor/Shame: 7
- Guilt/innocence: 8
- Power/Fear: 6
5 Sentences that are similar to my personality:
- Passionate about maintaining and enhancing their honour
- Focus on establishing what is right and wrong
- Passionate about making the right choices in life
- A position of power can also be used to empower people around them
- Fairness, consistency and transparency are important